Thursday, 1 April 2010

The Four of Us Mini Book













Cleo Jarvis came to our Bristol crop (at the end of last year I think it was) and we took a lovely class with her. The cover of the book is made from corrugated card, painted with white acrylic and each of the board pages uses a different technique to create a background. We used Prima papers, glittery letters and bling. So not my usual style and I found it a bit of a struggle to begin with but I am so glad I persevered with it. I tried to unify the pages and have added flowers and butterflies throughout. Those are not typically me but I have enjoyed stretching myself to use things I wouldn't normally use. I also used my Colour My World templates and enjoyed tracing and hand-cutting the papers. Sometimes it's the basic, simple papercrafting that is the most relaxing. At least nothing can go wrong with it! I've been very slow to finish it and it has taken me several months.I started constructing this book at the crop and have worked on it gradually since. My Vikki adores it so she is going to be the new owner. :D

I think it took me longer to take the photos, upload and get them in the right order on here tonight as it took to make the album - no wonder I put it off lol!!

18 comments:

  1. I love this - I love how you have made it your own! Wow! this is beautiful - I am glad you persevered and completed it :)
    Thank you for showing me :)
    Cleo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks absolutely fabulous Boo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this Boo, it's utterly beautiful xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Tis FAB sweetheart xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely Boo, no wonder vikki loves it.
    Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is fabulicious:) i never seem to get mini books finished, even though i love doing them.. so kudos to you for completing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous honey!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Boo, especially love the weaved background on the 'mum' page xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boo it is stunning hunny, you put me to shame I have so many unfinished projects hanging around, well done xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful and very special Boo - love it xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's one fab little book Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's stunning Boo! A real treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That book is totally lush Boodles, it may not be your usual style but it is still so typically you and I love it to bits.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love mini-books and this is just gorgeous!

    Lovely to have found your blog. I came to it via Ali and her elephants. (I don't have a blog!) You've not a clue who I am either, do you! gillyp. rofl. xxx

    ReplyDelete